This pendant project will give you the skills to build layered jewelry pieces with exciting dimension and changing views. You’ll be thrilled by the possibilities it creates for your own jewelry designs!
Techniques you’ll learn:
• Sawing exact duplicate shapes
• Drilling using the flex shaft and a drill press
• Soldering a suspended tube setting
• Making spacers from tubing and riveting them in place with wire
• Making a bezel for a small round cabochon
- Setting faceted gemstones using setting punches
Kit fee: $115. The kit fee is due the first day of class and payable to the instructors. Kit includes sterling sheet, wire and tubing, and all the semi-precious gemstones to make a project like the one shown here on the is page. A rubber cord necklace is not included with the kit and is optional, but some is available for purchase during class.
A full-color instructional handout, and use of all tools included. Each student will have a bench with a complete set of tools and equipment, including soldering station, to use during class. Nothing extra to buy or bring!
Students should have basic jewelry fabrication experience, such as successful completion of a Basic Jewelry 1 workshop or comparable experience that includes sawing, filing, and soldering.
Location: Silvera Jewelry School, Berkeley, CA
No upcoming occurences at this time.